Tuesday, November 20

je fleuris

je fleuris / i am blooming.



You know what I forgot? I forgot my blog's own birthday. What a bad parent (like ANYONE expected differently, lol). Excelsior Lady turned 1 year old on November 11th. This baby was born on 11/11/11 - check out that lonely first post! - which means you will probably always be able to make a wish on my blog, and I hope it comes true.

What has happened in the past year of my life? A whole fucking lot, actually. And this playlist I'm listening to is making me all emotional about it. I don't think I'm ready to dive into it here yet, but maybe in a few weeks or something. I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I feel like I have a lot to feel grateful for. Everyone always says they have great people in their lives, but I really think I have them all beat. There is so much beauty in my life that I don't know what to do with it all, besides sit around and smile at nothing like a crazy person. How did I get here?

I would like to thank Martin and Erin tons and tons for nominating (and second-ing) me for December's blogger of the month on 20sb! They are awesome. If you haven't cast a vote yet and ya like me, here's the discussion topic. I wouldn't mind being featured ;)

11 comments:

  1. Happy 1 year bloggiversary. Let's all eat cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish too, that I have started my blog on such a date as 11/11, but since I didn't, I'm glad you did. congrats!

    have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been on or used 20-something bloggers in FOREVER - but I went on and voted just for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Hanna. I really enjoy reading your blog, you're a great writer! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary to you! Its always cool to make it to a year and have all those posts to look back at! Yet, bittersweet because it all feels less newish. Welcome to the second year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much my darling, i am so looking forward to the terrible twos :D

      Delete
  6. My blog turns one in April :) I'm sure I will forget her birthday too! Lol
    XO,
    Tia

    ReplyDelete