Saturday, November 12

Lovely Standards

This is a collection of music that I've found to be the basis of my inspiration. It's eclectic, but that's how I work. I don't hear music in terms of genres and lyrics and albums, I hear it in terms of vibes and colors and feelings and chords and chemistry. I can listen to this stuff anytime and feel inspired, and that is a freakin awesome thing to have :)



Part Un (blues & rock):
01. Etta James - I Just Want To Make Love To You
02. Tom Waits - Way Down In The Hole
03. Mazzy Star - Wasted
04. Little Johnny Taylor - Everybody Knows About My Good Thing
05. Soul Coughing - St. Louise Is Listening
06. Grateful Dead - Help On The Way/Slipknot
07. Marcy Playground - Comin' Up From Behind
08. Canned Heat - On The Road Again
09. Mazzy Star - I'm Sailin'

Part Deux (soul & stragglers): 
01. Amy Winehouse - Valerie, Live on BBC
02. Lucho Gatica - Contigo En La Distancia (because his daughter is my amazing friend Lily)
03. The Bird And The Bee - I Can't Go For That
04. Charlift - Flying Saucer Hat
05. Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM
06. Mos Def - UMI Says
07. Erykah Badu - Honey
08. Jacqueline Taieb - Le Coeur Au Bout Des Doigts
09. Marlena Shaw - California Soul
10. The Donkeys - Excelsior Lady

Listen to this playlist here and subscribe to it if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment