Thursday, January 19

When you're lucid you're the sweetest thing



I'd like to take a moment to discuss my own love life. I feel no need to dive into past relationships or the successes/failures of them. I'd just like to say that I'm with someone who continually makes me realize why every other romantic encounter has ended. Dating someone that is, above all other things, a genuinely good friend is the best decision you can make.

I'm reminded of this when I get late morning emails with scanned documents:
(Yes that's my face on Oprah's head, and yes I do look like a 40 year old housewife, don't worry about it.)

I'd like to thank him for never judging me, never being mean, always making me laugh, and most importantly NEVER making me feel like I'm deserving of anything other than HAPPINESS. My heart has been in a lot of hurtful situations before, and it's nice to love someone that makes you realize that none of them matter. :)



6 comments:

  1. That letter is pure brilliance. You pull off Oprah's hair well.

    Also, this whole post was just beautiful. It also makes me want to drown myself in cupcakes and then maybe go lie in the street or something. Oh to be single hah.

    I'm in love with your blog, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And LOL, when that "Oprah-fy Yourself" app surfaced on Facebook last spring everyone was sort of horrified at how well my head complimented her weird hairstyles. Maybe I'll style my hair that way when I'm an old lady :D

      XO

      Delete
  2. HAHA love this! He's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going through a rough divorce myself where civility might have gone out the window (it's to be expected) and one of the people who has sweetly given me comfort has actually been a good friend that I dated a long tiem ago. Even with the demise of the relationship, he has been great to me, and us always pulling punches, and us never judging, and never being mean to each other has turned into a life long friendship that I am most grateful for today.

    I would totally past his face on oprah's head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever feel the need to do so: http://www.oprah.com/packages/oprahfy-yourself.html

      Thank you so much for your comment! I'm sorry to hear of the rough divorce but I'm so so so glad you've witnessed the same kind of wonderful friendship :D

      Delete
  4. Awww that is so sweet!! I've just gone through a really sad break up so I wish you all the happiness in the world. He and I had a wonderful friendship too but the strain of the break up was too much for us so now we no longer talk.

    Take care of your man!! :)

    Yishi x

    ReplyDelete