Friday, February 3

Say that you love me

My dad is a huge Loudon Wainwright III fan. Yes, Rufus is his son. Yes, Martha is his daughter. He's more interesting than both of them combined and his voice makes me melt. I forgot about him for a while until I woke up with a song in my head yesterday and found him on Spotify. I remember a great deal of his early stuff but had never heard the first album he ever put out - this song is on that album and it's been on repeat for days.



Monday was my Grandma Potaczala's birthday. She would have turned 85. I miss her.

It's hard to explain, but there's so much going on lately that I just want to forget all of it, move to Indonesia and start a new life relying solely on the earth and not talking to anyone except the birds. I need a HUGE change, and even though I'm only moving a few miles away from my current apartment, I'm hoping it will satisfy my craving for a new beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to your move!

    I often think of things that remind me of my grandmother, I miss her terribly. That's one of the harder things about getting older, time marching on.

    ReplyDelete