Monday, March 11

The DIY, the Disneyland, the what-on-Earth-happened

Thursday I finally did what I've been meaning to do for weeks: take the top off of my massive solid wood coffee table and use it as a headboard. Turned out pretty fancy, you guys...it might even be Pinterest worthy. I'm planning on shooting my bedroom for a contest on Apartment Therapy soon, so that shitty Ikea bedframe had to GO.



I took Friday off and went to Disneyland. Another place I said I didn't care if I ever visited (Hi everyone that knows me, I'm sorry for being so stubborn all the time about everything to ever exist. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon, but you should all thank Cindy for being able to get me to do anything). So........magical. So magical. I think I reached what was undoubtedly an embarrassing level of excitement once we reached the part of the park where I could hug Winnie The Pooh. I kind of freaked out and forgot to take pictures anywhere else because I was too excited. I also bought a yeti hat, because fuck you that's why. Cindy's video of me sums up my reactions throughout the ENTIRE day (muted by default, ya gotta click the volume icon on the bottom left of the video):


These pictures were NOT taken with my camera because no one in their right mind should carry an SLR around Disneyland for 12 hours. So we're back to lousy iPhone quality for one post.



--

If you like what you see, consider following me on Twitter and Instagram or liking Excelsior Lady on Facebook!

16 comments:

  1. I also heard rumor that you went to a small city in the desert... any pics of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, you look pretty happy in the first picture. Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure you watch, but the most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory had the three girls on the show go to Disneyland. They all got princess makeovers.

    Photos look fine. Not eveything needs an SLR. You look happy and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Cindy told me about the princess makeovers but I think she said they just put glitter in your hair so it didn't seem as cool. I shoulda given my yeti hat a glitter hairdo.

      Delete
    2. Ah, well the show made it seem like they'd dress you up fully like a character! Boo to TV telling me more lies.

      I've only been to Disney World when I was 5. I don't do rides, so I'm not sure it's for me.

      Delete
  4. That headboard turned out fabulously! Definitely Pinterest-worthy.

    As a kid I desperately wanted to go to Disneyworld and was incensed when my parents took us to France instead. haha. Now I'm afraid to go because I think it couldn't possibly be magical enough to measure up to my childhood expectations. I'm glad it exceeded yours! And I'm most glad about that Yeti hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait...you went to FRANCE instead of Disneyworld?!

      When I was little my parents told me we'd go to Disneyworld for my 10th birthday, and even though I didn't say much about it, I seriously remembered that they said that for years. And I woke up on my 10th birthday wondering if we were going, lol. We were not going.

      Needless to say it REALLY exceeded my expectations, even though it was just Disneyland and not Disneyworld. I'm pretty positive it will exceed yours too, and I'm not even kidding. I had a WILD imagination as a kid and some of the shit I saw on Friday I still can't believe was "real" hahaha

      Delete
    2. Haha. Yes, I was severely deprived, clearly. "Yeah mom, the creme brulee is great but WHERE IS ARIEL???"

      Delete
  5. I have been loving the Bedroom contest on AT, can't wait to see your entry!

    I haven't yet made it to Disneyland, but I've been to WDW a few times, and that magical feeling never goes away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WDW is officially on my list. And if all goes well in this email exchange i'm having with my landlord, I'll be painting and submitting my bedroom this weekend yaaa!

      Delete
  6. The genuine excitement on your face in that video is all different kinds of cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, using a stack of books as a bedside table is a neat idea. I like.

      Delete
    2. *tee hee*

      i like it, but there's something off about it. i'm gonna redo it, probably. I think it's the kind of books i'm using maybe

      Delete
  7. I bloody love Disneyland. Used to go every other summer when I was a kid - good family memories were those holidays. I'm pretty sure I cried when I didn't get to see Micky Mouse (I was young).

    ReplyDelete